How to bring your business to life with video
In today’s digital world standing out online can be a real challenge, making your business look and feel different to potential customers is not an easy task. But if accomplished can reap great rewards and allow your business to flourish.
Enter video: the content that most of your competitors are likely neglecting – stand out in today’s digital world!
So why should you consider having a promotional video for your business?
Top benefits of using video
- Stand out and increase conversion – people prefer visual content and video is the most engaging type of content available
- Increase social shares and links – having more shares on social media and people linking back to your site will increase website visitors
How to use your video to promote your business online?
- Upload to Vimeo and YouTube – label it, add the relevant tags and give it an accurate description including a link back to your website where possible.
- Share it on social media and pin it to the top of your profiles
- Place it on your website’s homepage or relevant pages – Google and other search engines favour websites with video content, so your websites’ SEO will benefit too.
2 types of video you can use
- Real life footage – Interview with someone explaining the business or a service/product which will give your business a personal edge over competitors. Or footage of your products or services in action which will add credibility to your business
- Animated videos – Fun, energetic and very easy to consume content, can be great for social media shares and views. Could provide an overview of your business or a new product or service.
What you can put in your videos
Here are a few ideas so you can see what would work best for your business:
If you sell a physical product, a video is a powerful way to give people a sense of what the product looks like, how it feels and what it’s made of. For instance, if you sell clothing, a video can show off the products quality and bring them to life.
Explain how to do something
‘How to’ videos are a good way to give people useful information, while also reminding them of your product. For example, if you offer electrical services, you could create a video with top electrical tips around the house.
Bring testimonials to life
Having a previous customer talk positively about your business will add credibility and show people that you offer good quality.
Add a personal touch
Welcome visitors to your site, introduce your staff or film a ‘day in the life’. This type of content will add personality and bring your business to life.
Share industry expertise
Use video to share your expertise in your business’s target market and show off your knowledge or skills. Regular videos will enhance your reputation and allow you to even set higher prices in the future as your business will have perceived added value over your competition.
Concerned with the cost for your own promotional video?
Don’t worry, we have the perfect solution for any business. See our video services page for a full breakdown of services and costs. In addition, we have the equipment to come and film footage on location for you so no need to worry about that too.